"For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was
a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked and you gave me clothing"
United Protestant Church will celebrate our 25th year hosting PADS guests in the fall of 2015. Each Thursday night, in association with other churches in our area, UPC feeds and shelters guests from October thru April. Each Thursday begins with youth volunteers setting up Fellowship Hall. The kitchen crew then prepares soup, beverages and an evening meal. Local restaurants often provide food to serve. Following the evening meal guests are invited to watch a movie or participate in a Bible study.
Providing Advocacy, Dignity, and Shelter, PADS Lake County offers a comprehensive approach to combating homelessness with the compassion and respect we all deserve. "Helping the Homeless Find a Way is far more than just a tag line. It speaks to the very heart of our unwavering commitment to helping people achieve the best lives imaginable.
Ways to Help PADS:
- Get Involved., There are a variety of opportunities for families and individuals of all ages to make a difference in the lives of others. Check out our volunteer opportunities.
- Consider the many other options to support PADS.
- Donate items that we need by checking out our Wish List .
If you are interested in participating in this valuable ministry.
contact Rose Pech, 847-223-8131 x17 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
SIGN UP NOW
UPC PADS TEAM!
PADS Lake County SleepOut for Shelter
June 10-11, 2016
7:00pm - 6:00am
(Only 250 spots are available for all Lake Co.)
Choose to spend one night sleeping outside so that others aren't forced to.
This year, PADS is excited to hold the SleepOut at Six Flags Great America! Participants will be able to enjoy time at the park all for a great cause. This includes EXCLUSIVE RIDE TIME after hours! That means NO LINES!!!
Go to website: www.sleepout.myevent.com
To join, click "Signup to SleepOut OR
To donate, click "Donate to a Sleeper and choose our Team UPC PADS or one of our members!
Proceeds from the event go towards supporting the vital programs and services that PADS Lake County provides to the scores of men, women and children experiencing homelessness in our community.
SleepOut for Shelter is a communitywide, educational experience and fundraiser designed to:
- give participants a small sense of what it would feel like to be homeless
- bring attention to an issue that most people rarely think about
By participating, you are agreeing to the following:
- sleep outside for merely one night, raising awareness and funds - so that others are not forced to ever sleep outside.
- raise a minimum of $100 per person**. This will include a ticket to the park!
** Chaperones attending with up to 4 youth (under 18) must raise a minimum of $50, and will also get a ticket to the park.